Sunday, June 29, 2008

Having Son's

Having 4 sons is not only wonderful but, how shall I say this--interesting as well. The following is one of many such examples of the joys of mothering boys.

Apparently, two of my older middle son's had decided to teach the youngest son a new word--constipation.

CONSTIPATION: pain, discomfort, agony. As found in the Takamiya Bro's Thesaurus

They worked on their younger brother saying things like:

"Boy that sure must have felt constipating when you skinned you knee like that."

"Ow that was a nasty fall from that tree, are you constipated now?"

"Man, headaches sure make you feel constipated don't they?"

After three weeks of this, we were sitting around the television watching a video when the younger sibling says to me:

"mom I feel constipated."

I'm thinking wow, what a smart boy. He probably needs to drink more water.

But when the whoops and high-fives of victory rent the air over their triumphant feat of grammatical dexterity and thesaurical witticism, I knew hazing was afoot.

I followed this with the usual scolding and forbidding of "fun," but deep down inside, I knew, it was only a matter of time before their twisted humor found a new roost.

See further posts for the continuation of the Takamiya brothers' Saga.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is soooo funny! I can totally see this happening. Silly boys! :)

.