Tuesday, February 9, 2010

God Didn't Move



I had this amazing experience not long ago that took me completely off guard. I really wanted to share it with you.

I had been praying for months for God to help me in an area of my life I could never seem to get victory over.

I remember telling one of my dear friends that if I could take a knife and open myself up and find the thing, I would dig it out no matter how painful. The only problem? It was not a physical place and I didn't know it's name.

One Friday I sat down with a woman I had previously not liked. I knew that as my sister-in-the-Lord, I had to work on my feelings. After all, God put us in the same Church and that meant a fellow worker.

I had been working on a relationship with this lady and had just gotten to the place where I liked her. We got on the subject of my problem then she proceeded to relay a story about her life that sounded eerily like my own.

I never knew these things about her. Mostly because I never wanted to know.

In the midst of this, she told me about a dream she had and how the lady in her dream prayed over her, putting a name to this thing inside her...I got it. I knew it was the same thing that was inside of me.

Through the process of prayer with this now dear friend, I felt God do surgery on me. I knew I was healed.

Later when I reflected on this incident, I noticed two things that were key. First, this woman that I didn't even like before, held the key to my healing. Secondly, God was the only one who could do it. Then when He did, He stayed with me. He didn't move. He didn't walk away.


So here are two things I'd like you to take home from this.

1. Be careful who you reject, they may hold the key to your healing.

2. When God was done with healing me, He didn't move. God never walks away from us. He is ALWAYS there and He is NEVER too busy.


How about you? Do you see yourself in any of these circumstances? Tell me about it.

2 comments:

Sweetie! said...

well done my friend, you've shared succinctly how we so often are deceived out of receiving what God knew we needed all along!
when will I remember God is God and I am not!
hugs
Sweetie!
www.sweetieberry.com

Unknown said...

Lovely story and an excellent reminder for all of us. We aren't big enough to fix ourselves, so we have to get away of the way and let God do His stuff.

.